Gun buyback programs to me! Are not a cure all! Nor an end to all also. Because people believe it or not. Do have opt’s. To those who do not have a gun. They can buy one and turn it in just to take advantage of what comes with it! Or! Turn theirs in for the same. How? Does that solve the problem? It’s the ever so cheapest band-aid there is!,
And even that very day of the buyback you will hear of some crime was committed with the use of a gun. In that very same city! Let’s say! That! There was on one day a city to city confiscation of any kinds and types of weapons. One problem with that! There is the “Black Market” Yes! The price may be high to buy a gun or any other weapon. But to weapon enthusiast/lovers it really does not matter at all!,
As well with “Gun control!” At any level of Government! Gun control laws can be drawn up from now to the time of the end! The problem will still be with us. Reducing the output of gun manufacturers. DOUBT! Because that would be Government interference. No business ever wants that! Put gun mfg’s. ,out of business? Again! DOUBT! That would put both us and Government and law enforcement in a bind!,
I guess we are back to square 1!
What I find interesting is! That on over-the-air (Broadcast) Tv is that ever since the advent of HDTV. There has been more channels added by local broadcasters.
And I was thinking: “Could this be the next phase of cable?” Because of the most reliable thing about cable is the fact of it’s rates keep going up as sure as the next day will come.
As for programing. Cable is narrow! Broadcasting wide! I mean. How many channels can we really watch even at one time? One one TV? Given the addition of extra channels on broadcast TV. It’s free,There’s no bill, It’s all a matter of finding the right antenna and positioning it as we did before when we had analog. Of if you! who are like me! DX’er’s! Love to tinker with the broadcast receivers & antennas! move this here, that there and so on.
So far here in CLeveland, Ohio USA! We have a local weather radar, lifestyle, antenna TV, METV, GET-TV, Escape, GRIT, Bounce And on ION-TV they have HSN & QVC as well as normal programming.
But always keep in mind! It does depend on where you are and the elevation of your location that can give you the best reception and more channels.
And with more people cutting the cable due to the costs! Why not?
Some of you may remember! I posted an article about it.
Guess what? Here it comes again!
The thing to keep in mind is the income Vs. Outcome. This cannot be overdone.
1. Always keep track of your money! It’s yours! Why not?
2. Be responsible where it comes from! And where it goes. That means keep track of each cent & dollar you spend. There is a reason for this.
If you kept a record of where it came from and where it is going! You will find that over time. Money you did not even think you had before. This does not mean being stingy, cheapskate, tightwad whatever!
3. Work the coupons to your advantage. Example: When there is a sale! And you know it is as sale. Always use the paper, e-coupons and you savings card the grocery store has for it’s customers as well. Be aware of displays that may look like a sale but! It’s a price increase.
4. Cut the cable/satellite! Americans are now cutting the cable/ satellite because of rate increases/service. And! Why still have it! When you can go on the Internet and watch it at little to no cost?
5. Cut the landline! 67% of Americans a doing just that. Because it’s cheaper to use your cell phone that a landline.
6. Investing! A bad word if ever? There people who still believe that it’s better to either play the lottery/gamble it away. But! Think of it this way! With what the banks are paying people who leave their money in the bank. And with what banks are charging for interest. You could make four times that much if you invested in the market. YES! You do have to know what you are doing when it comes to investing. So is playing the lottery/gambling!
8. Brown bag it for a while!
9. Rent, subscribe, take-out movies! The take-out is from the library.
10. ISP’S! There are many ISP’S in cyberspace. One where you can connect to it via your toilet! I have one where it uses cell phone frequencies to connect to the Internet for $50.00 mo..
11. Consider: “Minimalists” http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20140224-the-joy-of-minimalist-living. Now! This is something that everyone should think about. ,I’m a minimalist! It’s something that I did not know exist until I realized I am. Even though I do love my food, drink, wearing what I want to wear, living on my terms and such. Being a minimalist. Affords me the time I would otherwise spend on trying to figure out who gets paid first? Me? Or them?
12. Retirement! I have met people who think that “When I am fully vested I can retire and spend time with the grandkids!” Once they do. They start to find that! That Company retirement pension. Gets depleted rapidly! And they find themselves trying to find work and continue until the legal age to retire.
Planning! Is everything!
The sooner you find a job! That is when clearly should thin about setting up a retirement account. Even during the President Carter Administration! Social security was not as stable as we thought it was. Even onto today.
13. http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20140718-is-getting-rich-worth-it. The reason I put this Is because as it has been said: “Money is the root of all evil”. We have heard the stories about people who won the lottery and stuff! And those who went through it like water. As you will see it is not the only game in town.
15. Consider A part time job! Now! The thing here is that. Once you start one! It can and does become addictive. Because you can get used to it and when you do decide to leave it! It’s very hard to go back to an one income. I suggest this only because if you have some things you would like to get rid of. Then this is a good way to go.
16. If you are those who were laid off because of the “Great Recession” and working at a fast food place! Let’s say that you have a marketable skill. Why not think about “Freelancing”. It means that you take what you know and make a buck out of it. When you start out you may have to make you are asking price a little lower than what the market is asking. Once you establish yourself! Slowly increase your price to what the market is.
17. Funding for school! This may seem like the “Death Sentence” for some! But! The times are changing. There is no rewind, way back machines! As I understand it! Most Federal, state funding. Asks for the person who is out of work that if they want to retool of learn another line of work. Is to find something that takes two years or less to learn. It does take time to find these things out! It will not drop out of the sky for you!
18. If you need help in paying your utilities! Look into Federal, State agencies for help. Also! These cell phone carriers do offer Government subsidized phone service. Be careful! There are cell phone companies that do offer a free used cell phone! But! They will try to ask you to pay for additional minutes as well. DON’T! Its a ploy! , You do have to meet Federal poverty guidelines to get any kind/type of help/funding.
19. http://www.medicaid.gov/index.html When it comes to eligibility ! The Federal Government has some sort of eligibility form. Do not do it! Go to the agency and apply for it there.
20. RECYCLE! I have seen people who think “You can make a lot of money recycling!” Yes! And No! Recycling does have many benefits. But! Think of the time you would need to make a lot of money recycling? Vs. Cashing in? The money you can make from recycling can go for something later on. Not the here & now! The pennies do add up!